Tactical (combat) Route (4:30 – 5:00):
- Safe House Manager: Wallrider awaits them who can give them context on the safe house.
- Three Robots.
- Zeds Group A (first and last): One Group Leader and several zeds who could cut across the circular path so they could attack the PCs upfront and afterward.
- Zed Group B (second and third): One Group Leader and several zeds who could cut across the circular path so they could attack the PCs upfront and afterward.
- Lootable Corpses: Three non-combat players.
Surreal Horror Route (5:00 – 5:30):
- GM Jacket: Shannon simply followed along to GM.
- Robots: Cancelled as none of the major combat characters of this route attended.
- Zed Circle Dancers off the path so that the PCs could stealth past them in the darkness. They were twisting and attacking the air around them.
- Mee (an ex-PC) crying and trying to lure them off the path.
- Zed Picnic (“eat my arm and I will tell you secrets”). They were another hallucination and all their oracle tellings would’ve been lies designed to create paranoia but the PCs were wise enough to just avoid them.
- False Alpha and Dead Daughter: An NPC pretending to be one of the big bad monster types (Alpha) faux killed one of the PCs in front of her father. It ended quite awkwardly because we’d had to re-jig it to be a stealth mission due to a lack of combat capable characters so the players were more confused than frightened.
- The Lurker following from behind.
- Audio Hallucinations: One PC.
Tragic Horror Route (5:30 – 6:00)
- Hallucination — Core Phone Call — Powerful alien AI calls them to tell them it destroyed a town due to increasing escalation.
- Hallucination — Patty’s brother appears next to the Lurker, causing them to attempt to confront the Lurker in order to try to rescue him. Disappears when “killed.”
- Patty develops into Griefstruck and becomes harder to manage.
- The radioactive Lurker following from behind.
- The Hall: Everyone arrives when they do.
- Audio Hallucinations: Circuit, Glitch, Tobi. Each were given headphones with 14 minutes of pre-recorded voices.
Everyone Together (6:00 – 7:30)
- PTSD Ranger arrives after Route 2
- Defragging the Core’s memory (represented by multiple jigsaws that are each a written memory with each memory in a little box that can be unlocked through the use of a skill — there was also an audio version of each memory).
- Checking the Four Loot Drops in the wilds to collect more gear.
- Psi-Bomb Science (chance to start building the psi-bomb put forward by one of the other characters).
- Smiley NPC roaming the area. “Smiley” is actually someone else’s long lost brother hiding his face behind a gas mask.
- Beacon Turncoat
- Memorial Wall
- One PC found a doll left by another PC — they were adults now and didn’t realise who each other was!
- Patty Doll with USB and video clip from her brother
Things get crazy with the two Lurkers who drop “Griefstruck Obey!” This causes all grieving characters to see those around them as responsible for that grief — often in quite a delusional manner. We’d pre-briefed involved players so that they know what to listen out for (the bell) and so they could plot out their reactions. We didn’t tell them who else was griefstruck.
In the end we started the first route at 5PM and the last route ended up at the hall closer to 7:30PM. Thus the finale was bumped to 8:30PM. The Harry NPC couldn’t be wandering earlier so he ended up seeking sanctuary in the safe house because he had no bullets for his gun. It took some time but he managed to talk his way inside.